Page 1 of 2 1 2
#158181 01/09/06 09:26 PM
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
earlier today i got in fine but the last 3-4 hours it either just sits there or if the room popup comes up,once i get in,i only stay in for about 5 minutes then i get disconnected. my identd is on 113 and my port forwarding has 113-113 on it. i don't know what's going on.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Please provide the network, server and channel information so that we can test this ourselves and see what happens.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well i'm trying to connect to dalnet. i have tried all servers in dalnet. and room is #chloroform

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
did you try the irc.dal.net server pool? That is how I log on and never have any issues - tho I am in the US and most people who have problems (recently) are OUTside the US

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
what do you mean "server pool"?

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
also this is in regard to my server errors on my fserver. I can't help but notice that certain ip address load for different servers each time. even typing /localinfo -u doesn't help my fserver. this tells me it has to me an MIRC issue. if it's my router then i guess it is. but regardless i'm tired of figuring this thing out.

F
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
F
Quote:
what do you mean "server pool"?

try connecting using /server irc.dal.net
I am a long way from the USA and it works fine. As for your ip problems, I am convinced you dont understand the dhcp functions or NAT functions or how routers work. Taking into account you want to run an fserver, wouldnt it be better to understand how the router and your internet connection works BEFORE attempting fserves ?
Just my 2 cents

Fire

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
my fserver ran fine before the router and now it don't at times. i have the ip addresses set up in port forwarding and everything.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
i typed that in and it didn't change much. it'll sit there abd won't make the room popup come up. even when typing /server irc.dal.net

F
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
F
Ok lets start from the start. Forgive me if I missed it somewhere but what make and model is your router? what os are you running on your computer? It may be that you have already said these things but I am not going to troll through previous posts. The other thing is do you understand about DHCP servers ? and that if set to automatic your LAN IP is liable to change everytime you reboot your computer?

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
I have Windows XP and i just recently updated to version 6.2 i don't know if this was an issue or not. Anyway i didn't set it to Lan that i know of. anything i can do in settings for connection to check? i can get in a java chat in the room but i can't get in there once i log out. at times it takes about 30 minutes or more to get logged in. frown

F
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
F
ok back to basics, open the command console in xp and type ipconfig /all
you should see something like this
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.65
This is your LAN ip

Then open your router config screen (depending on what router you use) and make sure port 113 is forwarded to that ip. Also add or alter the mirc dcc ports in the router.save settings
then open mirc options select options under the irc tree and select advanced make sure you check both dcc and and other boxes insert the exact same port range as you did in the router settings and click randomize ports. Click the ok button and click ok again in the mirc options window. That should be it.
Now to stop your router losing these settings dont turn it off. IF you do turn it off make sure you set the lports up again to a new LAN IP or whatever.
Without the info I asked for about router etc thats about all I can help
Good luck
Fire

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well the option of "other" was not checked when i selected it did connect me but now i'm havving connection issues again. darn it.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
it also in green says something like:
Local host: punch.va.us.dal.net (149.9.1.16)

but no room pop up comes up. it just sits there. it takes a number of connections before it does pop up.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
hello?

W
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
W
[1] infected and spamming. do not copy 'get operator' lines. they infect you!. get a new mirc. http://www.mirc.com.

i got that msg when i 'm trying to get disconneted.. why this happend? i tried more than twice to install mirc again.. but same resultz..

Last edited by winnadie; 03/09/06 07:18 AM.
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
infected and spamming? what are you talking about?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You already posted this in another forum. Don't double post.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
is anyone gonna help me? i think it's a dalnet problem. if it is,then someone needs to correct dalnet's serbers as quick as possible.

W
W
i'm very sorry.. i'm new here..
i thought i'm in wrong forum, thats why i make a new post in another forum.. dun be angry yeah..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard