M
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
I keep getting
Quote:
* Identifier locked in options dialog: $decode

When I try to decode a line encoded using $encode. Can anyone help me figure out what they're referring to?

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Well, using a little common sense: Identifier locked in options dialog.

This is a huge clue.

alt+o (options dialog) -> Other -> Lock ->
Uncheck "Decode" in the "Disable commands:" listbox.

M
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
Ah... Was this a new thing? I've used $decode in previous versions with no problem.

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Yes, it was added in mIRC 6.17.

It's generally a good idea to read the versions.txt every time there is an update. It'll tell you all the new identifiers, amoung other things.

M
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
Aha; I'm notorious for missing a couple versions, and I actually got knocked back to 6.14 when I had to go back to my old laptop that I hadn't touched in a while. My desktop was running 6.16, so neither had this in effect. Thanks for the info, though.

Babel fish
Babel fish
Do someone know if it's possibile to disable the $decode lock by script? maybe editing the mirc.ini...

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Taggnostr: You -can- change it in the ini file, under [options] somewhere I'm sure.

However, I don't think there's anyway to make mIRC reread the changes you made. So even if you do change it in your mirc.ini, with mIRC open, mIRC won't know that it was changed, and will probably reset it when it closes.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Most likely Rand is right. I just had a situation like that lately. I installed mIRC 2.0 and wanted to replace the mirc.ini file with an old copy so I could have my color scheme. I had mIRC open, and even though I pasted the new ini file to the $mircdir, the color scheme was the same default one when I closed mIRC and reopened it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
Do someone know if it's possibile to disable the $decode lock by script? maybe editing the mirc.ini...

If you could, that would render the purpose of having a 'script' protection useless. If you could just do /cmd -e $decode (or some facsimile), then there's no protection. wink

As mentioned, I'm sure it's possible, just requires a new ini value, and a restart of mIRC most likely. Alternativly, you may be able to use send keys. (Alt+o, End, Right Arrow, Down Arrow, Alt+d, Down arrow (x2), Space, Enter)

-KingTomato
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Quote:

If you could, that would render the purpose of having a 'script' protection useless. If you could just do /cmd -e $decode (or some facsimile), then there's no protection. wink

Correct, it would defeat the purpose of having it in the options dialog.

Quote:
As mentioned, I'm sure it's possible, just requires a new ini value, and a restart of mIRC most likely.

Actually, the way I see it, mIRC stores it's .ini values in memory after it is opened. Then when it's closed, it rewrites those values back to the file. Meaning you can't just replace something with /writeini, as it won't have any effect, since the old settings will replace it when mIRC is closed.

The only way your ini changes will work, is if you -start- mIRC after you have made the changes. This can be done in two ways:

1.) You can use mIRC to /writeini the changed values to "options," and then /run mIRC, to bring up another mIRC window, and /exit the first mIRC window.

2.) Shut mIRC off completely, and make the changes manually. Then run mIRC again.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There are always workarounds. attrib using run, using a batch file, etc.

Code:
on *:LOAD: {
  ; Set the unlock
  /writeini mirc.ini <heading> <key> 0 | ; not actual key, but just PoC
  ; Set read only
  /run -h attrib +r $mircini
  ; restart mIRC
  /exit -r
}
on *:START: {
  ; remove read-only
  /run -h attrib -r $mircini
  ; unload script
  /unload -rs $script
}

Last edited by KingTomato; 07/08/06 03:09 AM.

-KingTomato
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
That work around isn't really necessary. As I mentioned, you can start your secondary mIRC before closing the first. This will cause the new mIRC to read the changes, and the old mIRC will change it back, however, the changes don't matter since when the new mIRC closes, the "new" settings will be resaved.

Code:
alias change_ini {
  writeini mirc.ini options <item> <new-values>
  run mirc.exe | .timer 1 3 exit
}

Last edited by Rand; 07/08/06 03:22 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Also depends if you're using DDE to confirm multiple instances of mIRC. wink

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard