mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
breezy1 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
B
I have posted before with no luck. Either I am not explaining the problem or perhaps no one else had ever had this problem before. I have tried to connect to several, and I mean several different servers and I can't get anywhere. I just keep getting the same error message "unable to resolve server" I also tried connecting using the actual ip address containing numbers and then the error message says "unable to resove server"(connection refused). So I asked my dad and he told me that it sounds like the dns server isn't recognizing the addresses that I am putting in, and to try the numbers instead. So I am going to the command prompt screen typing ping and the server name to get the ip number and I tried a bunch of servers llike that and the story is the same. It's all bad. Is there a way I can fix this? I mean alot of people are telling me that it is a problem with my isp, but I can connect to any other page I want to on the net. It seems like there is some kind of block up between me and all the servers. Do I need to configure mirc or my computer a certain way or something? Please someone help me here. I know you guys know the answers, I just hope I am providing the right information for you to figure it out. By the way I tried connecting with the firewall off, and I also changed my port to 6666. I don't know if that will matter, but I am grabbing at anything now, I am so irritated at this [censored]! HELP!!!

breezy1

P.S. If anyone knows of anything I can read or someting to help me understand whats going on here, please let me know. I would liike to research this,, but I really don't know where to start.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
First question I'm going to ask is: Does this happen just with one network or does it happen with many networks..Please note the word network versus server . Many networks (especially the bigger ones) have multiple servers.

If you've only tried one network, then try another (or more than one) and see if you can connect. If you've tried it with other networks, please include a list of some of the networks that you've tried it with, so that we can see if we have any problems connecting with that same network. Server names, if you have them, would also be appreciated, since we'd be able to specify the exact server(s) that you're having trouble with.

Link Copied to Clipboard