mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#15183 13/03/03 03:49 PM
A
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
Hi! this the problem I am having, I am using mIRC 6.03, I can connect just fine and chat and everything... but when I try to download a file liske /msg...... I can see that it said I am on the cue to download, etc. I can hear the sound that the software make trying to get the file but nothin happens..

When I open the first window (the connection to the server I can read the message that the files was sent but rejected (why rejected??), so I can't get anything downloaded. I tried this with different servers and nothing.. all the same..

I use a Linksys router... do I need to open a port to my PC? is so, why I can connect just fine and chat?
I have the default seeting now, in options (DCC) I changed to ask me first and then to automaticaly download... no luck with either one..

please, any suggestion would be appreciated... this is driving me nuts....thanks!
alien2xx

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
the file could be rejected due to the file type, file/options/dcc/folders and under the dcc ignore area do you see that file type listed under those to not ignore? On some networks certain file types also need to be allowed (/dccallow +nickname) In file/options/general/lock do you have gets disabled? Did you check to see if the sender was put on ignore? (alt b, control) Did the sender send you a msg wanting you to accept by dccserver on a certain port and you didnt enable that? Did you look in your status window for any msg describing the reject reason?

It is really NOT a good idea to set autoaccept, you are taking a big enuf risk downloading from strangers to begin without saying sure, anyone send me anything you want. Course, by accepting from strangers you're pretty much doing that anyway, but at least take the time to look at the file type, who is sending it, and cross your fingers before you say yes. Far from a safety guarantee, but at least you keep the option of refusing it.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
A
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
Thank you very much for your response, I'll check on that as soon as I get back home, and yes, I know who is sending the file to me so I know is safe. Thank you for the suggestion.

alien2xx

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
you're welcome smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard