mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
G
I know this topic was discussed previously but I did not see any resolution of the issue and the thread is a few years old. I am wondering if any insights have been gained into this problem in the 3 years since. I have been having this problem over the past few weeks and it has gotten very bad in the last few days where I am getting disconnected upwards of 20-30 times a day...with the message "[10053] Software caused connection abort". I thought it might have been in some way due to the fact that I am using a new serving script (UPP) but tonight I had my old version of mirc (6.16) running alongside the new 6.17 with UPP and they both disconnected at the exact same time. I am not sure what additional info to give at this point other than no significant changes have been made in options since this problem started. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
From Parabrat's suggested solutions:

Quote:
-some ppl have reported this happening with scripts that appear to have compatibility issues, so try with a clean copy of mIRC to check

You said you were running both the clean copy of mIRC 6.16 and the copy of mIRC 6.17 with the serving script... have you tried running only the clean copy? to see if it's the running script that's messing with your connection or whatever...

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
Hey guys. long time user of Mirc. First time poster.

I just bought a new AMD 64-bit 3200+ and downloaded version 6.17 of Mirc because it was the only download I could find. On installing mIRC I get this problem. It wont even connect to the server my fellow Australian admins are on. I have tryed connecting to

oceania.enterthegame.com
irc.ausirc.net
irc.gamespace.net.au

All of these are Aussie/ oceania based. So i amd not sure what the problem is. Atm its onto retry #99. Is there anyway to fix this. I heard that some routers cause this problem. But how do i fix it ?

~ turtle

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
I guess that the reason behind posting your message here is because you're getting the infamous "10053 error, software caused connection abort"... if so, did you check some of the suggestions here??
Otherwise, what is the error message you're getting? I didn't have any problems when connecting myself, so you might want to visit the link suggested before or use the 'search' feature of this board to see if anyone has come up with the same (or similar) problem,
By the way, you can change the 'connect retry' settings (i.e rate) by going to Alt+O - Connect - Options - Retry

Regards wink

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
T
T
Been to the other post. I have done the following.

-disable winxp's firewall
-dont use port 6667 to connect to a network. Most networks have a range of ports, usually within 6660-6669,7000-7001 and you can specify a port with /server some.server.here:7000 (used all ports)
-update your router drivers/firmware. (some have said they needed to use something other than the ones supplied by the manufacturer) (my router isnt supported for some strange reason.
-connect to the server's ip instead of domain (ie, /server 123.456.789.123 instead of /server some.domain.here) still get 99 retries with same error
-limit how many networks or other apps you are running )mirc and I are only things on network.)

And i still get 99 retries with the same error. I have even tryed a hard reboot of my router. Still no dice.

BTW
* Connecting to irc.gamespace.net.au (6668)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Software caused connection abort)
* Connecting to 203.34.186.11 (6667)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Software caused connection abort)

T
T
Ok I found out how to fix this problem. My computer needed to have a static ip from which I was told by the installation of my router's manual it said to obtain. So anyways i can connect to my irc server.

I went onto the dlink website. Looked at the tech support for port forwarding. inputed my ip + port. Went to network connections properties on the ip one. made my ip as static filled in the gateway as the router. got the 2 main DNS servers from my ISP. Saved all of that rebooted my system. loaded mIRC. It took 10 seconds to connect to the server. everything was working.

So if anyone Has a DSL-504g router copy what i did and see if this works.

1. go to http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/
2. chose your router/modem
3. click on Open ports.
4. how to open ports.
5. Do everything they say. Add your isp Dns servers in the network card configure.
6. Save the settings.
7. Reboot your own system.
8. Login to your mirc network.

Turtle

Link Copied to Clipboard