mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#146280 02/04/06 03:07 PM
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
I have looked everywhere I could for info on this and haven't found any.

On an IRCX network the raw message received when a user get's killed is :

<- :Sysop_xxx!Sysop_xxx@bla KILL nick: bye

mIRC displays by default the following message in the status window:

* nick killed by Sysop_xxx

As per mIRC's help file there is no ON KILL event. Using "raw *:KILL: " to manipulate the message received returns nothing.

I have tried raw *:*: echo -a $rawmsg - $numeric which works very well for everything except for KILL (again it returns nothing)

No doubt that mIRC sees the KILL because it sends the info to the status window. My question is : how can I retrieve this info via a script?

Thanks laugh

B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
The chat server that I op on runs Unreal3.2.1 and sends kill information in a bit longer format. It’s sent as a server notice, as I believe yours is. Put this in your remotes for testing:
Code:
on ^1:SNOTICE:* KILL *: {
  echo -s $rawmsg
  var %N = 1
  while (%N &lt;= $0) { echo -s %N   $eval( $ $+ %N, 3 )  |  inc %N }
  echo -s  
  ;  haltdef
} 

It will trigger for any server notice with the word “KILL” in it, if need be you can test for where Kill is in the notice to be sure it wasn’t a gline with Kill in the reason, etc. The echos are just for testing, to take apart the message, and you can figure out how you want to handle the info.

Because the halt is commented out the standard out put will display, after you write your own script you can use the halt to stop the display.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Does anyone know what the usermode to view kills and k-lines and SAmode, I know that BitchX did this as default, so I know it can be done, Thing is that it even worked when you where not an IRCop, and just had normal Status.

Any ideas?

sub-zero.homeip.net:6667

B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
mode k , mode s is available to non IRCops too, at least in http://www.unrealircd.com , search for "Server notice mask"

A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Yeah... I have tried the SNOTICE too but it doesn't work. Actually, being an IRCX network, SNOTICEs won't return anything.
Thanks anyway laugh

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Code:
raw KILL:*:{

}

NOT

Code:
raw *:KILL:{

}

A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Exactly. Doesn't work.

The problem with this is that when a user gets killed, although the nickname is removed from the nicklist, there is no info displayed in the channel (no quit, no part,...) . Unless one keeps looking at the status window, one may end up talking to someone who already left due to a kill.

Anyway I got around the problem using debug -i to catch the kill and manipulate it via script.

Thanks for the replies laugh

btw, raw KILLED works fine but this is sent by the server when the user does the kill, not when someone else does it.

Link Copied to Clipboard