mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#145462 23/03/06 04:32 PM
J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
I need a script to give different on join messages to people who join the channels im in, it needs to give a different message to each channel.

for example if i am in 4 channels and someone joins #prayer it would give a message to them "please ask if you need someone to pray with you"

but if someone joins #christians it gives them a mesage "thank you for visiting us"

please explain to me how to install it also, i have tried to install similar scripts i found here by pasting them into teh remotes editor and saving them but never could get any to work.

thank you to anyone who helps

#145463 23/03/06 04:56 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Code:
on *:join:#:{
  if ($chan == #prayers) { notice $nick please ask if you need someone to pray with you }
  if ($chan == #christians) { notice $nick thank you for visiting us }
}

If you don't want to see your notice output then just add . infront of notice (e.g. .notice)

Last edited by Jigsy; 23/03/06 05:14 PM.

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
#145464 23/03/06 07:14 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
press alt-r / file / new / and paste these two lines into the new remote file and save it

on !*:join:#prayers:{ notice $nick please ask if you need someone to pray with you }
on !*:join:#christians: { notice $nick thank you for visiting us }

each line is a sepearte on join event, with a channel specific message, based apon the channel specific join aka ON JOIN :channel, !* prevents it triggering on u, but allows it to trigger on everyone else.

U may also need to type /!REMOTE ON in the off chance u have turned all remote events off.

Link Copied to Clipboard