Print Thread
#144037 05/03/06 03:13 AM
U
undrdog Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
U
I can dcc send one time after rebooting my router. it never works the second time. I can receive just fine. HOpefully, this will be a clue for someone.

I am running windows xp (1st edition) . i do not use the windows fire wall, I use zone alarm. I've ruled out the issue being the firewall or virus protection. I connect through cable modem (comcast) hooked up to the belkin 4 port router. I've got the mirc ports set up in virtual servers on the router. I've got the computer's network settings with a specific IP, not "automatically select IP"

i just tried doing a /dns [nickname] in the mirc status window and got the error 'does not resolve" but if I was to reboot the router (and maybe the computer) I could do a dcc send one time. try it again immediately, and it doesn't work.

Sure would appreciate some guidance! Thanks!

undrdog

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
had a not the same but similar problem, just in the off chance its the same thing, try this.

Connect to the IRC server using port 7000 instead of 6667. (if this works it was likely a conflict with your routers inbuilt ability to try and handle irc dcc sends [if it has this ability at all]).

* im assuming here that, the mirc has a set range of dcc ports selected under alt-o/connect/options/advanced and those same ports are forwarded in the router to the pc in question, as you have stated. And your firewall and protection scheme issues have been clearly shown to not be the problem.

U
undrdog Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
U
Fixed it!
reset the router to factory defaults, then re-input the mirc parameters. the belkin router had the mirc parameters in a drop down list, but they called it IRC , not mIRC. It was the same as I had it before, I think there were some internal messups and restoring to factory defaults did the trick.

worth a try, if anyone else is having a similar weirdness. Just remember to save your current settings first! or write them down

Link Copied to Clipboard