mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
L
This list may get a bit unwieldy as more and more bugs come in, but for now it seems useful. It only contains those bugs that have been confirmed by a second poster. Mods feel free to update/edit this if you wish, its only purpose is to be helpful.

Bugs:

#B0001:1:Ctrl-F does not work on Desktop Windows (No Solution Yet)
#B0002:1,2:/did gets truncated when very long (Don't start with a four digit id; Use a-b to shorten; Split to shorter lines)
#B0003:1:$regsubex does not preserve leading/trailing spaces (No Solution Yet)
#B0004:1:/set -l spits back var invalid parameters (hah!)
#B0005:1:Copying using highlighting from outside a line (i.e. empty space) is inconsistent (No Solution Yet)
#B0006:1:100 Timers take 15+ times longer (70 ms vs 1000+ ms) to initialize in 6.17 as compared to 6.16 (No Solution Yet)
#B0007:1:Unset does not perform forced evaluation with [ [ %var ] ] (Exists in previous versions; Use //unset $(%var))

Annoyances:

#A0001:1:Highlighted text with the same color background as foreground (Ctrl-K1,1 for instance) get's both background and text reversed, rendering it unreadable. (No Solution Yet)
#A0002:1:Change in switchbar causing previously partially displayed windows to be listed as ... instead of #abc (No Solution Yet)
#A0003:1:Copying UTF-8 text with default settings doesn't work (Set UTF-8 to Display and Encode, Display is insufficient)
#A0004:File dialog for Alt+B > Users > Select a picture for this user (text) is not resizeable (Exists in Previous mIRC versions, No Solution)
#A0005:Alt+B > Notify tab list headers aren't resizeable (Exists in Previous mIRC versions, No Solution)

Last edited by Limerick; 18/02/06 07:32 PM.
Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
* Highlighted text with the same color background as foreground (Ctrl-K1,1 for instance) get's both background and text reversed, rendering it unreadable. (#A0001)

That is not what I posted about. Seriously, what's the point of such a list if you can't even summarize the items correctly? Or keep up with the bug reports for that matter?

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
L
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
L
If you read the thread itself, rather than just your post, you'll see that other people in the post WERE discussing the issue, even if you were not. The bug you mentioned in your specific post, other than the last post, yours was unconfirmed. And the purposes of this are to be easily editable and updateable, which I can do now ;p

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Annoyance: possibly there in other mIRC versions but the listview headers in Alt+B > Notify tab aren't resizeable.
Annoyance: the file dialog for Alt+B > Users > Select a picture for this user (text) is not resizeable.

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The issue that I posted about was confirmed by various people before I posted it here (as were my other posts), and even in the thread someone else has also confirmed my finding, so I don't see your point. Even so, the fact that nobody has confirmed a certain bug report, does not mean that it is not a real bug.

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
L
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
L
I never said anything about unconfirmed bugs not being real bugs, but they'll get confirmation and listed here eventually. And as far as outside confirmation, I can't see said confirmation just by looking at your post, I'm not a mind reader. I just stick to confirmed bugs because as is, this post has a potential to get out of hand, restricting it to forum confirmed bugs ensures both that the bug actually exists, and keeps the topic a little more wieldy. I'm not even planning to add my OWN bugs until sources within the forums verify them; to do otherwise would be hypocritical to say the least. Hixxy, I verified your issues, I'll add them; it's better if I have threads to refer to, rather than just posting here though ;p

Last edited by Limerick; 18/02/06 06:30 PM.
Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Some bugs are never confirmed by anybody else. Many of these bugs are still fixed. Here's one example. The only thing that matters, is that Khaled can confirm and fix them.

Additionally, people cannot see from your list whether or not some bug has been reported (but not confirmed) already. With these things in mind, I don't see the point of the list at all.

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
L
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
L
Well, actually, more of my focus in this thread is to condense issues into much smaller areas than the 10+ posts these issues represent, and overall, my focus is more on SOLUTIONS for the end user rather than being the be-all-end-all bug list that Khaled looks at when determining what to fix. But saying that a given reference book doesn't contain EVERY piece of information under the sun doesn't make it useless. My emphasis is towards problems that have user side solutions, though clearly I'm open to more as long as I have either confirmed it myself, or seen that someone else has. Anyways, if you find the thread useless, you're definitely entitled to holding that opinion.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Can anyone confirm which XP appearance setting controls switchbar button text? It is supposed to match the XP theme now but all I get is black until one of the events like highlight are triggered. I can't read channel names in a dark XP theme. It should match the button text setting in XP or have it's own color setting in mIRC.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If your planning on keeping this post up to date i suggests using a less space eating formatting i.e:

Bugs:
#B0001:1: Ctrl-F does not work on Desktop Windows (No Solution Yet)

however unless this post is going to be stickied it will just fall down in the forum and wont be a handy reference as you have to look for the reference just as hard as the original post.

$maybe
L
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
L
Makes sense to me. Let's see here...

L
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
L
Sorry, no clue, I'll look into it root.

L
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
L
Heh, seems this won't really work due to the maximum edit time limit; remaking the thread is impractical.

We cannot proceed.
This post can no longer be edited because the maximum edit time has expired
Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

What's the general reasoning behind the implementation of a maximum edit time limit? It also forces this to be a triple post since I can't edit the previous two :|

D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Quote:
#B0002:1,2:/did gets truncated when very long (Don't start with a four digit id; Use a-b to shorten; Split to shorter lines)

From which version that the a-b works? (what is the oldest version of mIRC that supports it?)

10x

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
6.17 only.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Mainly to prevent abuse. There are several reasons people may go back and edit their posts long after 2 hours, for example, if a moderator has edited their post they may be watched for a couple of hours...if the edit time is not there, they could just edit their post to its previous abusive form much later on. Secondly, people could edit posts and make certain replies/users look irrelevant or stupid, and then claim they never edited their post in the first place...no way for us to tell.

To be perfectly honest, Khaled has been fixing bugs in mIRC over a decade. Thus far there has been no need to consolidate all bug reports into one thread to make it easier for him (or the community), so unless Khaled himself makes a sticky thread requesting such behaviour, I also feel it unnecessary.

Naturally though, everyone's efforts in reporting bugs, particularly for this version as clearly many changes were made, are appreciated smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
B
I kinda liked the overview.
Ofcourse Khaled is capable of doing without, but honestly, as 6.17 has just been released bugs will be discovered, so the usefulness is more for us. Both to know exactly where we have to modify/adapt old scripts (and where to look if they break), and to avoid the same bug being posted several times.
Oh well, you can always keep a list and create a new overview in a day or so.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Annoyances:

#A0001:1:Highlighted text with the same color background as foreground (Ctrl-K1,1 for instance) get's both background and text reversed, rendering it unreadable. (No Solution Yet)
[/quote]

I like the inverted colour highlighting ... (Mebby an option to turn it on\off would be nice?)

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Or maybe it could make the foreground colour the opposite of the background colour if the colours are the same.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That also works :P

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?

Link Copied to Clipboard