mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Oh don't worry, I know I am arrogant at times, it's only natural that something like that sometimes fires back at me. I'm not going to change because of it, it's a risk I'm aware of and accept, sorry you had to take out your markers grin But realize that you really aren't much better with your last post, it has arrogance written all over it, not to mention personal attacks far from relevant from the feature suggestion.

This is the feature suggestions forum, if you have a problem with my attitude, feel free to pm me though.

Gone.
F
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
F
From a software developer's standpoint, it's important to have consistency in behaviour. It would be bad programming practice to make some commands overridable and some commands not.

That being said, a convention has already been put in place to allow a scripter to account for the fact that some other script may have overridden a command - that is, prefixing the command with the ! operator.

Asking for the noop command to be non-overridable simply because you don't want to put a ! in front of it demonstrates lazy and poor coding.

However, it would also be poor coding if a command was overridden in such a way that its functionality was radically changed (ie, making /msg be a /quit). Commands should be overridden if you intend to add additional functionality to them (although it may be excusable if you intend to make the command do nothing, such as to prevent the user from using the join command, although something like that really belongs in an on INPUT script).

That being said, I think that the current functionality of noop should be preserved.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard