Print Thread
#141809 13/02/06 06:40 AM
T
Talon Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
T
You should be able to change the left character, and right character beside a persons nick <Nick> have a box, so you can put colors, etc.. ctrl+k4<ctrl+k for left, etc.. many people may say well.. why dont you script this? I have a simple answer for you.. Im a scripter in a couple scripting help channels. Its easier to debug dumped code when you can actually see the multiple spaces.. any text replacement strips these multiple spaces. Its the sole reason I took out my theme script.

#141810 13/02/06 09:23 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Agreed. This is a popular request in the Scripts & Popups forum, and whilst it's easily scripted, it would be really good to appear in the Options dialog.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#141811 13/02/06 10:18 AM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Yeah this is a much sought after feature. This is also another good example of why it would be nice to have more binary variable support throughout the scripting language (multiple spaces.)

#141812 15/02/06 06:10 PM
E
Babel fish
Babel fish
E
I did a script which do not strip the spaces (but uses tricks to display them as /echo would strip them at least)... You may want to try it. You can download it here

Ecronika
My mIRC Addons
#141813 15/02/06 07:47 PM
Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As far as the spaces problem goes - indeed, your script uses the common double-bold trick; other scripts use $chr(160) and I've written a dll that can use real spaces in output, but personally, I'd much rather see proper script support for multiple consecutive spaces. That will fix all such problems, and many more.

However, even if that were actually added, I still agree with the original poster that a built-in customization feature for the nick tags would be nice, because of the sheer number of people asking for this. On the other hand, if there's an option to change that part of the default output, there's the risk that people will be asking for more and more options to change other parts of the default output as well. And I'm not sure it's mIRC's job to ultimately provide a complete built-in theming system, if it can also be scripted...

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
#141814 17/02/06 09:46 PM
E
Babel fish
Babel fish
E
I think it would be easier for Khaled to add scripting support for some common problems with scripted Themes. Because of that i would prefer such a way.

While scripting the Addon mentioned above i got much problems supporting "default mIRC Features"...

There ever was and still is the Space Problem anyone knows about.
There is also a limit with the indent switch of /echo (to 25) which i need to use for the align.
The current $cnick identifier is not very useable to support the Nick Colors Feature. It needs a change to submit the window (channel/query) i.e. for the Mode-Option ...
Also there is still the problem with the much used On Input Event. If 2 or more Scripts try to change the input and msg it theirself it will result in 2 or more lines instead of one. I think there should be a "Queue" or "Hookup" Solution someday...

Ecronika
My mIRC Addons

Link Copied to Clipboard