mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
T

Hi guy's alot of the chat networks now day's especially the ones out side of the default irc type of server have started to allow usernames using nont standers charictors in there names , now as it stands at the moment Mirc can only read thease names in there raw format (as the srver see's them) , it would be nice to have support (weather its an option to enable or disable , or just having it permantily on) to conver the raw nickname to the propper coding

the raw unicode name e.g Å¤Î­Å—Ð¼Ä­Î®Î¬â„“ï€ ÇºÄÏ‚Î­ÅÅ¡

to UTF-8 charictor encoding (had to use an image as this forum dosent support the charicter coding lol)

as thease names are alot easier to read that the raw
i my self and a few others have been able to make alterations to the nick list and what is echod when users talk to change the name formatting , but unfortunatly that will conflict with alot of the default mirc commands and functions so then you have to go convert / re-write all of those , via .mrc script lol

so i though i woudl leave a suggestion on the forums about this

let me know what you think

reguards

Lee aka Terminal Access

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
UTF-8 support has been requested a zillion times before, and if I remember correctly, it is on Khaled's to-do list. So chances are that in a next version, it will be included.

Gone.
T
OP Offline
T
ahh sweet , it would make an alredy top notch irc client even better , so if it is added thenthat ud be fab laugh

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
There is reason to believe it's in the works, since Khaled said it was on his todo list a while ago.

As far as I could tell from another thread, this feature's recently been implemented in UnrealIRCd, is that so? If so, does it identify itself as a UTF-8 server with the 005 numeric, or does it just allow UTF-8 without encouraging it?

Link Copied to Clipboard