mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Hi,

I'm working on an NFL bot and I've come across a problem that I'm not experienced enough to figure out. I found the HTML string that has the team's score for a particular game, and I need to figure out how to remove the number from the string. The way this will work is that I'll probably examine each string in the line as a space delimited token, and then do whatever needs to be done if it finds the token with the score in it (for each of the two teams in that game). Here's the HTML line so you can see what I'm working with
Code:
class=finalscore align=center><b>7</b></td></tr></table></div></span>

Keep in mind that this could be a one or two digit number, so it needs to work in both cases. Thanks for any help. I'm also still looking for help with using binary variables in a socket script so I can get all the data without it being too much for ordinary variables. Thanks.

Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
I wrote a test alias and figured out a way to do this. It's probably the long way, and they syntax will change because this will be in remotes and in a loop, but here's the test alias.
Code:
/test {
  var %line = class=finalscore align=center><b>7</b></td></tr></table></div>
  var %a = $remove($remove(%line,</b></td></tr></table></div>),class=finalscore align=center><b>)
  echo -a %a
}

Let me know if anyone has a better way to do this. Thanks.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Try:

Code:
alias test {  
  var %line = class=finalscore align=center><b>7</b></td></tr></table></div> 
  echo -a $remove($gettok(%line,2,60),b>)
}

-Andy

Link Copied to Clipboard