Print Thread
#136477 28/11/05 06:21 PM
Z
Zed Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Z
Is there a way to trigger an ON INPUT remote after the INPUT line has been handled/sent by mirc ? Like what mirc is doing for
ctcp *:version:*:/ctcpreply ...
(mirc is sending the reply before the remote is run)

I know that I can enclose my code between "/say $1-" and "/halt" but this will need other modifications (the code is split in aliases used in other places).

Thanks

#136478 29/11/05 08:28 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Do you mean you want ON *:INPUT to work like a normal say ON *:TEXT, in how it triggers after mIRC handles the event. and not like ON ^*:TEXT, which is how ON *:INPUT works. (its a pre event event, but doesnt use the ^)

If so you could simply call the code you want to trigger in a timer ex ".timer 1 0 alias.name.here $target $1-"
alias alais.name.here {
var %target = $1
tokenize 32 $2-
... your code here, but use %target instead of $target ...
}

or u could use a signal in the same method. (i dont really see the difference between a signal and a timer call to an alias, just that a signal can be trip multiple on signal events, but who writes them like that?!??!)

** I just had a thought, did you mean, someone elses ON INPUT events?

#136479 29/11/05 06:29 PM
Z
Zed Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Z
Quote:
Do you mean you want ON *:INPUT to work like a normal say ON *:TEXT, in how it triggers after mIRC handles the event. and not like ON ^*:TEXT, which is how ON *:INPUT works. (its a pre event event, but doesnt use the ^)

exactly

Quote:
If so you could simply call the code you want to trigger in a timer

I had already thought about this. I think after all, that it's probably the best solution.

Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard