#135730 16/11/05 07:34 AM
C
Carth Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
Here's the situation:

I used the same nick for years (although I did change it now and again for whatever reason), and had no problems. Then one day I added a clan prefix to my name. I only intended to do this once, but now it comes back every time I start mIRC - for nearly half a year now!

The whole thing is ridiculous. I change it back, I disconnect and change it back, and when it connects it shows in the status window "You're now known as >somethingelse<". Where does it get this from?!?

I searched the registry for it, there was nothing. I searched my mIRC installation directory - one occurrence, in mirc.ini. I change this back to my old name, and then when I start mIRC it says "You're now known as >somethingelse<"!! I then check mirc.ini again and it has reappeared where I changed it! Where the hell does it get this from?

I use nnscript (might be relevant), and what's even weirder is, in the nnscript options where you set your favourite nets I forced the name I want there for the networks I use, and it worked on all networks except Quakenet. I hope this makes some sense, basically whenever I connect to Quakenet it changes my name to something I set it to ONCE ages ago, and I can find no trace of this name anywhere on my computer.

I hope there is a simple solution frown

#135731 16/11/05 02:17 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It could be another script running or something with NNS. I'm sure you've tried it, but you may want to do /nick on quakenet to reset your nick, then disconnect and reconnect... see if it works. Just as a reminder, changing mirc.ini while mIRC is running won't work.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#135732 16/11/05 08:11 PM
C
Carth Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yes I've tried everything. I don't understan where it can get the name from if there's no trace of it on my computer. Since it only happens on Quakenet, maybe Quakenet has associated that name with my Q account, even though they don't reserve names.

Link Copied to Clipboard