mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Anra Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Hey, I started using MIRC about three weeks ago. Starting almost two weeks ago I started having connection problems where I just couldn't connect. Now I can connect maybe three out of four times, but every channel I try no matter how many or what the time is is completely empty. What should I do? I know that it can't be that I'm just trying when nobody's on, because I should get a least one person once! Thank you very much. Anra

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Perhaps no one is on the channel because it isn't a channel anyone uses? Or perhaps you're on a network that doesn't have that channel? For example, #Invision is on a few networks, but not all of them. If you tried joining it on a network that doesn't have it, then you'd have an empty channel. You could try a #help channel as that channel will usually have people in it on any network.

The other possibility is that you are connecting to a server that is in the middle of a netsplit and no one else is using that particular server. You might try a different server on the network.

For that matter, try another network and see if it works.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Anra Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Unfortunately, I do try other servers.... Usually I can't connect. Pretty much the only server I can sucessfully use is the EFnet:Random Server and the IRCnet New York server...
-_-;;;

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
When you connect, try typing /list

That'll bring up a list of all of the channels on the network along with the number of people in each channel.

Then pick a channel that shows as having a few people in it, and join that channel to confirm that there are people in the channel that you joined.

A
Anra Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Thanks for the tip! It worked... So I guess my problem is that I can't get onto any server with the channels I want....

Link Copied to Clipboard