mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Fated Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
I've been using mirc for some time now, it always worked perfectrly. Now about a month ago I changed pc's the few weeks no problem at all, but in the last week when I'm downloading something it stops after less than a minute or so giving the following message: "Closing Connection: Connection Lost (Connection reset by peer)"
It doesn't matter whom I'm downloading from or on what server I am.

I'm running xp, windows firewall is off, using norton ( already tried turning off norton ) on an AMD. Also I copied mirc from my other pc thus using those settings. standard dcc range ( 1024 - 5000 ) Ports are open on my router

Any1 know how to fix this ?

thanks in advance,
Fated

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
LOL If I knew how to fix that error, I'd be a god in IRC land. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing who'd going to get hit with that or when..and it has nothing to do with your setup or the fact that you were DCCing.

I've sent a message to my own room, then been in the middle of typing a second message, within seconds of the first, and been disconnected for the same thing.

Sorry.

F
Fated Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
If it was that it wouldn't happen every minute on every channel on every server. What i'm trying to say is that it aint some bad luck, something is set wrong. If anyone even has a clue of what it might be.. plz post

F
Fated Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Ok problem solved, topic can be closed.

ps: hmm RusselB, does this make me now god in irc land ? wink

B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
i have the same problem , could you please tell me how you fixed it ? thankx

T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
i've been having the same prob for a while too.. my situation is just like fated in that i've forwarded all ports on my router and all firewalls are off.. but i'm still getting the error. Fated if you're around could you post the solution you found please?

Link Copied to Clipboard