mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#121661 30/05/05 05:57 PM
1Geek1 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
I Need To Either Create Or Get A Tourney Bot Any Suggestions People

Moderator note: Scripting/Bot questions are more appropriate, and probably answered faster, in Scripts & Popups. So I moved it.

Last edited by Mentality; 30/05/05 06:19 PM.
#121662 30/05/05 06:23 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I don't know what a 'Tourny bot' is. There is something called Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament Bot here, but you might also find some more luck using www.google.com and searching.

If you want help coding one (though I find this a bit of a big project to get help with on this forum), you should specify exactly what you want this bot to do. Do realise that sometimes it's simply not possible to make something if you don't know about mIRC scripting. Also realise this is a help forum, not a script request forum.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#121663 01/06/05 01:46 AM
1Geek1 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Im not asking for the script i have it, but when i load it im waiting to get the bot but i dont get it...thats why im asking how to get the bot?

#121664 01/06/05 01:56 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
So you mean you've download a prefab script, and don't know how to use it? We can't really help you with prefab scripts, but bots are not unlike other scripts, of which there are usually two general methods to get them to work...

Note: If the script comes with any documentation, which most good scripts DO, then that will supersede anything written here.

The first is:

1) Make sure the script is in your mIRC directory. This might be an entire folder with a .MRC or .INI file inside it. You can load this file into mIRC's remotes by using //load -rs file.mrc (or whatever the file is called), or //load -rs botfolder\file.mrc.

Alternatively, press ALT+R and go to File > Load and choose the file you want to load.

2) The script needs to have its own mIRC.exe file copied into its own directory:

• i) Right click your current mIRC and click on 'Copy'
    ii) Go to your Bot Directory (the folder that has all the bot's script files)
    iii) Right click a white area of the directory, and click on 'Paste'.
    iv) Open this new mIRC.exe where you may find a script setup dialog or any other controls the script introduces. If this doesn't work, method 1 is more likely.

To reiterate, bots often need their own mIRC open. You can minimise a bot to the tray by typing /showmirc -t in the open bot mIRC.

Also note, in my experience, scripts without documentation are pretty lame smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard