mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Hello I am a newbie as you might have known by now can anyonetell me how to host a irc chat on my own website? webserver? confused

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
1.websites use html protocols and in some cases support via other add ins other things like java, etc.. however, in general websites do not support the protocol used for IRC Chats. you would have to run your own IRC Server (IRCD running on a unix box), and then use a java chat script to point the users to that server. Having said all this, this is not a question for the mIRC message boards, since mIRC is a CLIENT to talk to IRC servers, not websites.

Hope this helps (a little)

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
You could, however, put an IRC client such as PJIRC on your website, and create a channel on someone else's network, then lock the applet to only access your channel. That way, people could get in both through your web site and through mIRC.

T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Yeah it did somehow....You have to know I am a complete newbie in everythign with chat and mirc lol thanks anyway smile

Link Copied to Clipboard