mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
for those of you that have been wanting an auto away system that only changes your nickname but does nothing else, well i've made one.

It'll prompt you for 3 missing datas once you load it and start typing in any channel.
It'll ask you for your master nickname, away nickname and idle time in minutes.
After that it's all automatic, when the idletime is reached without you typing anything your nick is changed. When you start typing again, it's changed back.

have fun,
and many thanks to HAMMER for teaching me the idiosyncracies of mirc several months ago.
Code:
;
; Self-documenting code, therefore no comments
; created by lambroger AT cox DASH internet DOT com
;
alias check_nick {
  if ( !%master_nick ) set_master_nick
  if ( !%away_nick ) set_away_nick
  if ( !%idle_time ) set_idle_time
}

alias set_master_nick {
  set %master_nick $?="Give me your master nick:"
}

alias set_away_nick {
  set %away_nick $?="Give me your away nick:"
}

alias set_idle_time {
  var %minute_time = $?="Enter an idle time in minutes:"
  set %idle_time $calc(%minute_time * 60)
}

alias nick_back {
  if ( $me != %master_nick ) {
    nick %master_nick
  }
}

alias nick_away {
  if( $me != %away_nick ) {
    nick %away_nick
  }
}

alias show_settings {
  echo -a Master Nick: %master_nick
  echo -a Away Nick: %away_nick
  echo -a Idle Time: $calc( %idle_time / 60 ) minutes
}

menu * {
  -
  Nick Away System
  .Set Master Nick: /set_master_nick
  .Set Away Nick: /set_away_nick
  .Set Idle Time: /set_idle_time
  .-
  .Show Settings: /show_settings
  .-
  .Unload: .unload -rs $script
}

on *:INPUT:*: {
  check_nick
  nick_back
  .timeridle 1 %idle_time /nick_away
}

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I don't know about you but this suits me fine, I just did a popup that does almost what youre saying and it works for me just fine. heres what i did:

Away
.On:/away stepped away from keyboard! | /nick [color:blue]<yournickhere>
[afk] | /timer1 0 1800 /ame is away from the keyboard!
.Off:/away | /nick <yournickhere> | /timer1 off | /ame has returned!
-
[/color]

Course we all have ways of doin things and this is mine....simple cheap and yes this works fine for me. I figured id share this with everyone. and well im not telling anybody anything that they don't already know! smile

L
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
The problem I have with the built in away system on mirc is this:
Everytime someone sends you a message (pm) it responds constantly with a tag line.
This can cause massive spam (annoyance) if you have made yourself into a bot.
Not to mention I don't like it when other people do it to me, the away message, in short, I don't like it.

So, I presented the above. Works really well. What better way to see if someone is away than by looking at their nick, it's not spammy, and it's automatic, you don't have to be typing /away on and /away off all the time either.

However, if you like that tag line shooting out to people that pm you and you don't mine typing /away on and /away off then The_Game's thing will do you just fine, cept in the instance you are instantly called away to go do something and don't even have the time to type /away on or when you get back and have forgotten that you are away start pming your friends you then respond to you and start yelling at you cause of your away tag shooting back at their responses.

So the above is my opinion.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
The problem I have with the built in away system on mirc is this:
Everytime someone sends you a message (pm) it responds constantly with a tag line.
This can cause massive spam (annoyance) if you have made yourself into a bot.
Not to mention I don't like it when other people do it to me, the away message, in short, I don't like it.

That is the server's fault (if you consider it a fault, that is), so you can't blame mIRC's away system (which is non-existant, mIRC simply sends the "AWAY" command, the server decides what to do with it).

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
exactly ...... also if ud care to block that annoying message u seem to hate so much halt the raw from the away msgs right at the source ..... simple yet effective ...... i mean i myself like an auto aways system and really i dont even mind seeing someones away msg ..... and really ur solution would work if everyone used ur away system ....... altho since most ppl have thier personal preferences id suggest u halt the message by

raw 301:*: { haltdef }

or whatever code ud like to use ..... im sure mines just a basic thing but im sure u get the idea

D3m0nnet.com
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I dont seem to have a problem on receiving private messages because well i dont have them turned on....due to the fact that half the time if someone pm's me its so they can spam...and i hate that ...If someone wants to talk to me then they talk to me directly when im not away...but when i am away, everyone acknowledges it and doesn't disturb me. so as i was sayin before that popup works for me LOL smile

Link Copied to Clipboard