mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#106257 27/12/04 07:39 AM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
I saw many various mIRC scripts using a modified mIRC executable. What I mean is that the menus were remaked, the executable icon wasn't the standard mIRC icon. A few days ago [ I'm quite new at scripting =] I thought of making my script in several languages, fully translated. But in that case I had to change the menu captions, button hints, executable icon. I know programs such as eXeScope, ResHacker. As a matter of fact, I use them quite often. But after modifying the mIRC executable, it doesn't work. I guess because of the different size. Allthought I know that it's possible. Any ideas or suggestions? P.S.: I'm not from America or Britain, so my language isn't perfect =]

#106258 27/12/04 07:45 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Features were added to mIRC in 6.1 (I believe) that prevents you from hacking the mIRC.exe. You can change the mIRC SHORTCUT icon using the Properties dialog when you right-click it. The mIRC.exe name must begin with 'mirc' too.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#106259 27/12/04 08:31 AM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Well, that was quite fast =] Thanks for the answer, mentality. Allthough there is nothing impossible. Merry Christmas & a happy New Year!!! =]

Link Copied to Clipboard