Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#10520 14/02/03 04:37 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I was running AVG, 2 copies of mIRC, my personal script and my bot's

did both copies of mIRC have the exact same scripts loaded?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#10521 15/02/03 12:36 AM
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Hi, ParaBrat, not all scripts no.

I have two seperate folders for the scripts, one each for me and one for the bot, i'll try explain.

Ok, i have the following folders set up:

C:\Program Files\mIRC\ShadowDemon\scripts
and
C:\Program Files\mIRC\MyBot\scripts

I keep all my personal scripts in the ShadowDemon\Scripts folder, and i keep protection and ban stuff, plus a few bot type scripts in the MyBot\Scripts folders.

The bot has never had this problem of it's scripts unloading, there is only one script, that i have that is in both script folders and that is called "MUTUBanProt73.ini" This script prevents people from either trying to kick or ban me or my bot from my channel. and a few people have tried to do this already, it saves the settings to the remote.ini file in their respective folders.

I keep the MUTUBanProt script in their respective script folders, one for me and one for the bot, so all settings get saved to their respective mirc.ini files.

I'll also give you the size of the mirc.ini files, just in case it has something to do with file size.

ShadowDemon, mirc.ini = 4.14 KB
MyBot, mirc.ini = 4.88 KB

Like i said before, it only happens to the Shadowdemon\mirc.ini And Not MyBot\mirc.ini files, which is kinda weird

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
#10522 16/02/03 11:59 AM
P
Babel fish
Babel fish
P
Obviously there’s an issue someplace there, if it persists on acting up just set the mirc.ini file onto read-only. You won’t be capable of saving any changes in Reference to settings which saves to mirc.ini including Loading/unloading scripts and so forth. But at least it’ll be protected from those behaviours...

Kn0wledge Is Thee P0wer!!!!
#10523 16/02/03 03:47 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
The reason i asked that, is that i wondered if the problem was that the mirc.ini was saving as per the last one closed, since i didnt recall you saying how you started them up. If you were running a shared mirc exe with the default ini, last one closed is how it will save to the mirc.ini. If you run 2 seperate mirc.exe's or specificy the mirc.ini using -i in the startup, then that wouldnt be the problem.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#10524 16/02/03 07:10 PM
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Ooops, i musta forgot to mention that, yeah i am running two seperate copies of mirc, each in their own folders, ech one writes to their own respective mirc.ini files, hmm i know i can be confusing, lol sorry.

Well the scripts been fine since i posted this bug, last week. smile

Thanks
ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
#10525 16/02/03 07:12 PM
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Yeah, i suppose i could keep them read only flags set, but as you stated, then nothing could write to the script, especially if i added a new script that i was working on.

Might try it for a day or two see what happens

Thanks for your help
ShadowDemon

#10526 16/02/03 08:40 PM
P
Babel fish
Babel fish
P
Haven’t tested it out myself so I’m not quite sure how mIRC client would re-act upon saving attempts to it’s mirc.ini file, normally well coded Application is wont be effected expect for successfully saving settings. Configuring mirc.ini to Read-Only doesn’t affect changes you made to currently loading mIRC alias, remote … and so forth scripts. Just any new script you load, or create, so I guess it would be smart thing to Load a few empty scripts before putting mirc.ini to Read-Only…

If the problem isn’t occurring now, maybe u should leave well enough alone, until it does again though.

#10527 16/02/03 09:06 PM
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Ok, will do, thanks for all your help, and sorry i snapped at yer early on blush

ShadowDemon

#10528 16/02/03 09:22 PM
P
Babel fish
Babel fish
P
Hey it's cool dude, i know you was quite sleepy and probably quite annoyed because of this problem existing, and you just wanting to be rid of it and back to normal condition...

#10529 16/02/03 09:27 PM
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Yeah thanks for understanding, but i'm still wondering why it has only happened to me twice, it still very weird

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard