mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
Ok - i know this may seem like the wrong forum area - but i don't think so.

Ok - so this is very very strange to me, here's the deal:

I have several scripts - one of them is a simple script to try to get my nickname back if i get disconnected and reconnect to find my nickname used. and i have another script - a nifty trivia bot program.

the strange thing is - i install these scripts - load em in - they work GREAT.

the trivia one - has some popup windows with the configurations - ie - selecting the text file for the trivia questions, and also the text color sheme, as well as stuff like frequency of questions, time before giving hints, ect

if i exit mirc, and restart the mirc, or the computer crashes, or i reboot the comptuer - any time that i the mirc closes, it does something to ALL scripts that have variables

what happens - is like it corrupts them - i know that something is wrong because when i go to the configuration window of say the trivia bot - all the boxes and stuff where there were checkboxes, or filenames, or numbers these boxes are all EMPTY (which they shouldn't be)

and if i edit them - and put the numbers in - they stay there - until i click the ok button - and when i click ok - it must delete them or something - because when i reopen configuration window - the numbers and text are all GONE AGAIN!!!!!

the only way to fix this is to RELOAD all the scripts again - and then i can set the settings.

this might make sense if it only happened when i CRASH my computer or the mirc - but it happens ALL the time - even if i just click the red x or click file -> close

can anyone help me - i searched - but didn't come up with any results on my exact problem!

thanks guys

(oh - i did try REINSTALLING MIRC - i even upgraded to the newest edition - and i still am having these issues - i tried another script with a popup window with variables in it - and it still did the same thing!)

G
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
G
Quote:
if i exit mirc, and restart the mirc, or the computer crashes, or i reboot the comptuer - any time that i the mirc closes, it does something to ALL scripts that have variables

Check if there is any "ON EXIT" event.

Link Copied to Clipboard