Print Thread
D
DJSi Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Hi,
I've got a few suggestions, hope you would consider them. They are only some small things. I'm pretty sure they haven't been requested before, I did do some searches, but very sorry if they have been previously smile

1. The highlight function - would be nice if it could be customised a lot more, so that we can specify which channels it applies to, which users (nicks) it applies to, whether it applies to yourself or not at all.
Also, I'm on the same channel twice, one on a BNC and the other directly connected and when someone says something in that channel thats in my highlight list, the other channel flashes. Would be nice to be able to switch that off too. Or customise which network the highlight applies to.

2. As I said I'm connected to 2 networks, well a psybnc and a network. Would be nice to have the option for each network that you are connected to, to start a new line in the switch bar. At the moment the network connection window (if thats what it's called) is just after the last message or channel you are in with the previous network.

3. At present when there is a message in a channel, since you last looked at it, it goes red. Could an option be added so that some channels are ignored, so they don't go red when someone says something in one or more.

4. Completely hide channels, from the switch bar, but still stay in the channel. Obviously an option "unhide channels" or something.

Any queries about these suggestions, just ask!

Thanks! smile

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:

4. Completely hide channels, from the switch bar, but still stay in the channel. Obviously an option "unhide channels" or something.

to hide : /window -h #channelname
to show /window -w #channelname

D
DJSi Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Quote:
Quote:

to hide : /window -h #channelname
to show /window -w #channelname

Ah thanks, didn't know about that one smile

Maybe it should be a menu option then?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:

Maybe it should be a menu option then?

as in ?

MENU channel {
hide : window -h $active
show : window -w $active
}

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
You could add a menu to the status window to hide or show channels, eg:

Code:
alias hschan { return $+($iif($window($chan($1)).state == hidden,$style(1)),$chan($1),:) window $iif($window($chan($1)).state == hidden,-w,-h) $chan($1) }
menu status {
  $iif($chan(0),Channels ( $+ $ifmatch $+ ))
  .$submenu($hschan($1))
}

If the channel is checked, then it's hidden, otherwise it's visible.
A single click will hide or show the channel.

New username: hixxy
D
DJSi Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Wow, I didn't realise the scripts feature of Mirc is so powerful !

I'll give it a try.

Thanks

E
Babel fish
Babel fish
E
Quote:
3. At present when there is a message in a channel, since you last looked at it, it goes red. Could an option be added so that some channels are ignored, so they don't go red when someone says something in one or more.

You may want to try this: http://mircscripts.defcon-one-script.de/tmp/msgext+.zip

This is an test-version of my Addon Message Extensions which support such a feature.

Ecronika
My mIRC Addons

Link Copied to Clipboard