Print Thread
#104009 28/11/04 01:01 PM
V
VoiD Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
Right I got a problem that no one can solve.....

Anybody can enter my fserve with no problems, just when they try to 'dir' it will list a handful of files, then it will lock (hang), after this no more commands work, and the only way out is to close the fserve.

I have tried thousands of things to solve this, none have worked, I went from Sysreset to Invision thinking it was that, still the same occured, I have disabled both (Windows and Router) firewalls, no joy still. I have tried files on other HDD's incase the file structure was knackered, still not working. Rebuilt the files incase they were busted, nope. I have opened ports on my router (Linksys) 1024-5000 UDP/TCP and 113-113 UDP/TCP, and all the settings in mIRC are correct, I have no viruses, and my mIRC and Invision are fresh installs, thus are not knackered. I can send (DCC) and recieve files in mIRC with no problems, I'm completely confused as it never used to do this, and I have changed nothing apart from installing Windoze XP SP2, but I know other ppl who use this version, and theirs is ok with mIRC/Invision. I have tried full formats on 2 of my HDD, so everything is new and fresh, still doesn't work, I have also updated my network drivers for my mobo, I have been to about 100 help channels on mIRC and nobody can solve this, can you?

There are other things I have tried but can't remember them atm, anyone who can help please please try as I am now getting very frustrated by this whole situation, I can only think it is a Firewall or mIRC issue.

Using v6.14 mIRC and Invision v2.0 Build 3515 as I have heard there is compatibility issues between 6.16 and Invision, although it used to do the same with 6.16 anyway. Invision is NOT the problem here before anyone suggests it as it used to do the same with Sysreset aswell, exaclty the same problem.

Help, please (beg beg)

Regards

Stef

P.S. Oh and the files im wanting to share are NOT illegal before we go down that road wink

#104010 29/11/04 02:48 AM
V
VoiD Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
OK, just an update to this, it would appear that it locks up when the 'dir' command is used, it's ok when the 'ls' command is used tho frown

Strange?

I think so frown

Anyone?

Stef

#104011 01/12/04 12:30 PM
V
VoiD Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
No-one has any ideas whatsoever? This I find hard to believe frown

#104012 04/12/04 04:41 PM
V
VoiD Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
Okies so no-one knows, I will have to go higher, does anyone know a contact emaill address for the coder/s of mIRC? Maybe I can get some answers there, would appear there is a major ar*e up in the coding somewhere, and nobody seems interested.

Regards

Stef

#104013 05/01/05 01:21 PM
J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem. I have no idea what is causing it, it used to work just fine. confused

I did find out however that the dir command still works in directories with less than 27 subdirectories. Once you add a 28th subdirectory the dir command fails. I haven't been able to test with file counts yet.

Have you found a solution yet? If so, I would very much appreciate you would fill me in. wink

Cheers
JurgenK

#104014 28/07/05 01:42 PM
J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
i am also getting this problem.
ls works, but dir causes it all to hang. and no other commands will work.
Has anyone found a solution?
Please please help smile

Link Copied to Clipboard