mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
What about adding a max limit per user for DCC Fileservers?

For us that we use a fileserver it would be very good idea to have a max speed limit for the files that other users download from us. If a user has a 10 Mbps connection and I have 2 Mbps, you can understand where my bandwidth goes... A lot of FTP clients and file sharing programs have this option, and why not mIRC...? :P

Thx smile smile smile smile

S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
because mIRC isn't a filesharing program. The fileserver was never intended to spread illegal data.

you guys are so not L334
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Which part of his post states that he wants to spread illegal data? What does that have to do with the case anyway? This is a Feature Suggestion forum, so spare us the morality.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Wow...is it Christmas again already?! laugh

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
I thing that I didn't refer to illegal data! I spread wallpapers and images :P. Is this illegal? :P Anyway, because the fileserver exists... it could be better regardless of it's use smile smile smile smile

A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
well, wallpapers and images can be copyrighted too ... however i think that if it is so much a concern that someone spreads copyrighted material with a fileserver, then it should be taken out from mirc, either that, or stop complaining. i understand him, i was running for some time a fileserver too, for a local group of students, because i work at the data-center of the university, and it was sometimes a pain, since some were able to DL at very high speeds, which isn't practical sometimes.

if a fileserver is inbuilt, then it will be used, in whatever form there is

Sentinel scripter ( current version X, alpha )

Link Copied to Clipboard