Print Thread
#101827 28/10/04 11:27 PM
A
andymps Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
ok i just got back to script after a hell of a long time not, so i need help, why when i try to write a txt file, with an alias in the txt file name... why does it not write? but if i write with no alias in the file... it does? ive tried using $eval for the filename aswell as the [] brackets... help plz?

**EDIT**
The txt file doesnt exist!!! its sposed to create a new one each time it writes. but still like i said, it still writes even tho it doesnt exist IF the alias isnt in the text file name

Last edited by andymps; 28/10/04 11:31 PM.

Liek OMG Yuo Stoleded my MageHurtzzzz!!!11
#101828 28/10/04 11:57 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You'll have to give us the actual line of code before anyone can tell you what's wrong.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#101829 29/10/04 01:38 AM
A
andymps Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
well ive tried loads of ways, here r most of them:
Code:

/set %txt c:\ModStats\ [ $+ [ $asctime(mmm) ] $+ ] \FailedAttempts.txt
          /write %txt $adate - $time $+ : Attempted Login with the nickname %modnick $+ ( $+ %modip $+ ).
-------

/write c:\ModStats\ [ $+ [ $asctime(mmm) ] $+ ] \FailedAttempts.txt $adate - $time $+ : Attempted Login with the nickname %modnick $+ ( $+ %modip $+ ).

-------

/write [ [ c:\ModStats\  $+ $asctime(mmm)  $+  \FailedAttempts.txt ] ] $adate - $time $+ : Attempted Login with the nickname %modnick $+ ( $+ %modip $+ ).

i hav also tried $eval where the [] brackets are, they were just the ones i had to hand so i pasted them....

Liek OMG Yuo Stoleded my MageHurtzzzz!!!11
#101830 29/10/04 02:05 AM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
//write c:\ModStats\ $+ $asctime(mmm) $+ \FailedAttempts.txt worked fine for me.
I'm guessing your problem is that you are trying to get mIRC to create a folder with the /write command. mIRC can't do that, so you must have a folder called (in this case) Oct in C:\modstats\ else it will throw up an error.

Link Copied to Clipboard