codemaster: In reply to your original post, and to satisfy the question in your last, it was apparently closed for what seems to be a variety of reasons.

1. Those that come here the most have already had their say on the war issue, at least once.

2. Some posters were taking the issue personally. (Good or bad? In Krejt's eyes probably bad)

3. At least one person who replied didn't exactly do so in a gentlemanly way and another spend his sweet time misquoting people, therefore aggravating the situation further.

Lets face it. People on here come from all over the world. Talk or debate about pending war will therefore be okay to some (perhaps you, myself and many others), it might be affronting to others and lastly it might be a prime moment for some to just inflame what is already a sensitive issue.

It looked to me that everyone had their say so I feel comfortable with the fact that the thread was locked. To be honest i am surprised it was even allowed because I have seen more trivial off-topic threads deleted after the first post.