What I think would be great is if mirc allowed US to specify what modes to list and for which networks allowing us to even customize the message for the dialog so that ONLY those programmed in can be shown. Now I DO realize that (for example) dalnet as IRCop/Admin related channel modes that MOST users cant access, but still, this would allow US to specify it and while it would take a bit of doing, would be MUCH more realistic and would still be "told" what to display.

EDITED

Here's another way it could be done. Allow the channel central to be based off of a file that we can edit (I dont know what kind maybe ini) so that we can put modes etc in easily by file. This way, if people who want to create a template (if you will) for Chatnet (as an example only - Ive never used it), then they could format the file (whatever it was) and give it out with all the modes etc in so we could EASILY add new networks all the time. IN no time some of the RELIABLE people on here would post ACCURATE file text to add and we could ALL benefit from it greatly.

EDITED AGAIN

And one more time cause I can still edit this. Something else that COULD be done is to take said file configuration and cross reference it with the perform section so you could (sake of argument) list all the usermodes for a network as well as specify perform functions (in the sme area for mirc).

Just my thoughts and feel free to comment at will

Last edited by landonsandor; 23/08/04 10:14 AM.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it