button "ok", 2, 27 74 37 12, ok
}
on *:dialog:new_table:sclick:1: {
  echo -a $did($dname,1).seltext
}

then simply:
/did -a new_table 1 blah blah

do that a few times to throw text into the combo box

when you sclick text in the combo box, it does NOT return any information. You CAN for whatever reason return $did($dname,1).sel to get the line number, but not the selected text.

the error stays if you turn off dbu. the error stays if you don't force size on the combo box. the error stays whether or not you specify $did($dname,1).seltext or $did(1).seltext or $did(new_table,1).seltext. so don't think it's any of that. 6.15 simply refuses to return the text selected on a line in a combo box.

I did try this using a listbox - it DOES work fine in a listbox - $did($dname,1).seltext and all variations return the selected text.

I went back to the 6.14 .exe to doublecheck and the problem isn't there, as it hasn't been. switch back to 6.15 and there it is again.

aha. just checked - a drop-down combo box WILL return .seltext. But a normal combo box, forced size or no, will not.

I hope I have been thorough enough here - please reply if anything needs clarifying; I'll be keeping a close eye on this post because 6.15 has a lot of features I like and I'd really love to move over to it if I can - this however is a serious problem for dialogs I already use.

Edit: I read 6.15's mirc.hlp prior to this post and didn't see any syntax changes. If someone thinks or knows that it IS a syntax error, please tell me.

Edit #2: I used a brand new clean install and tested the simple dialog I posted, after finding the error in a script I had already made. If this helps, I am using Windows 98 Second Edition, with a 550mhz pentium III.

-Venoman

Last edited by Venoman; 11/06/04 01:15 PM.