And as I have said elsewhere I will not relent on the issue smile - *You* know I've said it all before, however, someone who has never posted here before doesn't know me from Adam and has no idea what I've said before, so from their perspective, it's the first time I've ever said it.

If anyone has noticed the boredom of my repetition it's me, but it's part of helping, and I enjoy doing that for 95% of the time. The other 5% is having to see people argue on the boards, people contradict what I and others have said, see people occasionally spam the forums and of course, having to (and wanting to also in a weird way) repeat this same message time and time again for the people that are constantly told by their friends that mIRC is for file sharing and is great for getting movies.

I don't see how it harms you or anyone else if I continue to warn people that downloading such files is illegal - there are people (I know of one story in the UK, where the original poster of this thread seems to come from) who have been fined large sums of money for the files found on their computer - the person was under 18, I think their parents may have been fined. Just because a lot of people do it doesn't make the issue less serious.

So, I don't think trying to guide someone who's new to mIRC/IRC and informing them of the facts is a waste of my time, their time, your time nor a waste of a post.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris