I am proposing that we have easy access to all of the mirc.ini settings. Currently, to get the settings for if the quit message should be shown in the channel, you must do the following:
Code:
if ($gettok($readini($mircini,events,default),3,44) == 0)

Instead, in order to not have disk reads (which you would get a lot of in a split) if the above could be simplified to the following, you wouldn't need to do the $readini on every quit (or join, in those cases)
Code:
if ($gettok($settings(events,default),3,44) == 0)

Basically, a way for $settings(,) (or something similar) to be equivalent (other than disk reads) to $readini($mircini,,)

If this were not possible, then I could script around it fairly easily with an on SAVEINI remote event. This would be triggered any time a specified ini file were modified, possibly using the following form:
Code:
on *:SAVEINI:filename: {}

This way, one could check to see when the ini file was updated, and could (for instance) reload the contents into a hash. For my own uses, I will periodically reload the events portion of mirc.ini into my hash table, but it would be nice to actually know when it is changed, or to have direct access to this information.