I am working on a new multiple-server version of my script and i'd like to know if there's a way to change a nick before connecting to a new server window.

my setup is this: i have a script automatically joining more than one network, and i'd like it to change the nick BEFORE it connects, but i don't want it to change the existing network's nickname.

I have two options: create a new server window with the -n switch and change the nickname in that window... problem is that i can't get the $cid of a window that hasn't connected because there is no remote that will trigger until the server has connected (unless i overlooked something)

option two is to change the nickname and alternet nickname in the mirc options window before creating the new connection. problem is i can't find the alias that will change those settings. antoher way to do this is to change the mirc.ini file, but yet again, i find that that file is cached in memory, and i cannot find a function that will force update FROM file. (there are two functions that will save from memory TO file tho...)

If someone could show me someting i'm missing that'd be great.