As a 'file sharer' I can confirm that mirc 6.14 causes problems. The problem in our channel is that 'gets' fail to connect for users of 6.14 i.e. notification of a send is seen in the server window followed by immediate notification of a connect failure despite the fact that the 'get' dialogue remains open for the full timeout duration (60secs?) saying it is 'accepting send'. Needless to say the 'get' fails. This problem can vary from just a few 'gets' failing in a series of sends to all of them failing. Interestingly the problems seem to be at their worst when both the sending and receiving pcs are running mirc 6.14. The length of the file does not seem to make a difference - most are beween 4 and 6mB.

It is well known in the channel now that the fix is to reinstall mirc 6.12 which gives no problems. I tried reinstalling 6.14 three times before giving up and reinstalling 6.12. I have had no further problems since then.

I hope this annoying bug can be fixed. Although file sharing may not be the primary purpose of mirc it is a very common use for the programme. Additionally 6.14 is the first version which has given a problem with this suggesting that it has been 'broken' somehow and needs fixing.

(I should point out that I am not aware anyone in our chan is experiencing pc crashes from this - just annoying file 'get' failures. Most users seem to be using windows XP).

I can only hope, like many others, that a fixed version (6.15) will appear shortly.