I don't know where the manual is frown

My problem now is...I'm not even sure if I have any ports being forwarded. Also, what would you suggest to be a good range to forward? See...I don't know about this stuff. Is there a site available with detailed explinations and instructions? Something for newbies and people who aren't already familiar with all this. Not that the instructions I'm being given are hard to understand, but I guess I need to know what port forwarding is before I even begin to understand how to configure it...ya know?

I've added 2 screenshots to show you what I'm working with here. I figured it was easier to show than to try and explain it. The first one is the winproxy advanced configuration, and the second one is the modem stuff (what I get when I type the ip into the address bar)...If you can help in letting me know if these should be filled out, it would be appreciated. I don't wanna mess anything up with my networking or internet connection. Also...would mapping/forwarding these ports put my computers at risk in any way? Such as people hacking/getting into my computer without permission?

Example1
Example2