I am using a Speedstream 2602 router. When using this router, I get no ip mismatch. When using this router, Mirc gets my external ip for me. When connecting direct through the cable modem I get no problems with accessing fservs (whether they are firewalled or not). When connecting using the router, I can connect with non-firewalled fservs. Firewalled fservs, however, usually give me this message:

" This server is using an alternate server method, please make sure your DCC Server is active and set to port 59. /dccserver +sc on 59. This is a mIRC command."

I type the command which, of course, turns on DCC server and retype the trigger for this particular fserv. The same above message repeats. Mind you I get the same message when triggering firewalled fservs while connecting direct through the cable modem (no router involved). However, after typing the "/dccserver +sc on 59" command and retyping the fserv trigger, I get in. The alternative server method doesn't pop back up (when using my cable modem directly).

So, obviously, I have to do something with my router. I do not have any firewalls installed. Now, when accessing the config utility for my router I do not see anything about FORWARDING ports. However, I do see section entitled "Special Applications." Here, I can open up public ports for applications that use multiple ports (I assume Mirc qualifies?). Is this the idea behind FORWARDING ports? If so, then let me continue. Now this is where it gets frustrating. I have five pieces of information I must input: TRIGGER Port, Trigger type (TCP/UDP), Public Port, Public type (TCP/UDP), and a check box if you wish to enable. Now, I'm a complete newbie about this. I understand Mirc uses port 113 for identd and a range of ports for DCC. So, going back to the manual for my router, the steps for this section are:
1. In the TRIGGER Port box, SPECIFY the port normally associated with the application. (So, what "port" is normally associated with Mirc? Or is this any two consecutive ports between 1024-5000?)
2. Select TCP or UDP as the protocol type. (That's all it says. I'm assuming TCP/UDP for both the trigger port and the public port(s).
3. In the PUBLIC Port box, enter the public ports ASSOCIATED with the trigger port to OPEN THEM FOR INBOUND TRAFFIC. (Does this refer to Mirc's default DCC port range of 1024-5000?)
You see, what confuses me is my router can specify a range of ports to open (say 1024-5000 in the PUBLIC ports field) but I MUST HAVE a trigger port for that to happen, correct?
As for identd port 113 could I input "113" in the TRIGGER port field, select UDP (correct?), "113" in the PUBLIC ports field, select UDP (correct?), and then enable it?