first off scripting one would completly defeat the entire purpose because hte entire for construct would be parsed making it slower.

Altering the /while command can and will break previous scripts that uses while.

Adding for wont add heaps of size to mIRC no more than any other command/ident.

as for the "saving a few lines" imagine a script using many whiles. Those "few lines" add up. Any script that can be made to be smaller,faster,or more readable im just not seeing a downside here.

How could _anyone_ be against enhancing _any_ language simply because there are workarounds and dirty hacks available?

I do see a bit of your point in that its not one of those "Must have do it right now" items. There are other methods one can use. I would like to see alot of enhancements to the scripting language. Over the last several builds weve seen plenty of enhancements to the UI and functionality such as mserver but little to the language. Except where required to support the new features. for is but one item (switch/case,aggregates,... to name a couple) I would like to see added.

Last edited by Narusegawa_Naru; 05/12/03 04:03 AM.

Have Fun smile