As far as I know they will sue first and ask questions later when it comes to individuals. From what I've seen the organisations going around trying to prosecute filesharers (RIAA, MPAA, etc.) typically only contact large organisations/institutions (universities, large companies, sponsored IRC servers) - ie. the people who actually have a realistic chance of putting up a fight if they are taken to court - before taking legal action, as far as you or I go we're not going to get any kind of warning before the lawyers get involved.

As for the notice there, I sincerely doubt that warning has any legal value whatsoever. Even if it had at one time, with things like the Patriot Act and DMCA becoming law in America it surely won't stop anyone from suing or investigating anybody (in America at least).

I really don't know what the deal is with other countries, I suspect they could do relatively little compared with in America where the RIAA and the MPAA have the freedom to investigate people with very little restriction as far as the Net goes. God bless America shocked.

Of course I'm not a lawyer or anything of the sort and I have no formal knowledge of the law, so it's entirely possible I'm wrong about any number of things.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.