I agree with you there Collective, the best script is the one you make yourself.

I used "Tracer script" and "Polaris" until some one told me about back doors related to these scripts, so i got wise and stopped using them, i downloaded a clean mIRC V5.9 i think it was and never looked back since.

I'm learning to script by example and looking at other scripts (i've looked at "Polaris" and "Tracer" now to see how they work) and i'm working on a personal script for myself, that does what i want it to do, although it's still a work in progress, ie it will never be finsihed, most of it is, especially the script i use for protections, such as flooding and swearing, but i always get some new idea, while browsing mIRC scripting sites that have screenshots, and i think "hmm that looks like a nice dialog" or "maybe i can try to script something similar", i'm not a ripper (i dont modify scripts and then distribute them under a different name) i still like to see how a script works, and try to make it do something for me

ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience