Actually, I find that this is useful. For private messages especially. I wrote a script awhile back, but don't remember where it is. It went something like:

on *:OPEN:?:*:{ /loadbuf %hist.lines -c [ $+ [ %hist.color ] ] $nick " $+ $logdir $+ $network $+ \ $+ $nick $+ . $+ $asctime(yyyymmdd) $+ .log" }
on *:JOIN:#:if ($nick == $me) { /loadbuf %hist.lines -c [ $+ [ %hist.color ] ] $chan " $+ $logdir $+ $network $+ \ $+ $chan $+ . $+ $asctime(yyyymmdd) $+ .log" }

/set %hist.lines 500 ;set number of lines to load in history
/set %hist.color 15 ;set the color of the history

This became a problem with channel windows that had log files of 100+MB (well, I imagine 50+MB is a problem, too) were loaded. Also, this particular script only works if you date your log files and separate your logs by network.

Furthermore it is recommended that you disable the Keep Windows Open option, otherwise it will fill your channel with the history over and over.

Edit: This doesn't work when you double click a name in the nicklist. I suppose you need to edit the /query command for that (i.e. alias /query /query $1- | loadbuf %hist.lines -c [ $+ [ %hist.color ] ] $1 " $+ $logdir $+ $network $+ \ $+ $1 $+ . $+ $asctime(yyyymmdd) $+ .log" )

Last edited by killer; 10/10/03 06:03 PM.