Actually, i have seen a lot of praise for it. Many complaints seem to be based on personal preferences, ie disliking changes that have been made that effect habits that will take time to change (like alt+a, or view>options instead of file>options). Others dislike that changes have been made within options (ie putting a button for perform on the options page rather than it having its own line under connect). One that i confess amazes me is complaints about alt+v going to view where you then can click on font to see the font dialog rather than alt+v taking you directly there (um, its a click, hardly earthshattering).

I realize adjusting to changes/changing habits can be hard, but I do wish that more ppl would give things a chance, take some time to play with them. i guess so many years of using mIRC and watching all the changes as it progresses makes me a bit more flexible. We get used to doing/seeing things one way and "new" can be disconcerting, thats human nature. I can well understand that your frustration with the freezing problem distracted you from checking before posting about the url warning. (*chuckle* btdt, you should have seen me dealing with some earlier versions on win3.11) I'm glad you decided to give it a chance tho smile

(btw, it isnt that ctrl-break is broken, appears to be windows thinks its frozen so mIRC cant tell if its the active app or not, but im sure you've read the threads on that.)

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet