General reply:
i dont think getting rid of dcc is going to solve the problem either, and it would really annoy me that those who use it for "legitimate" files would have to pay for what the "non-legit" do.

In addition to the prevalence of trojans in files, those in hot pursuit click on every url that promises something for nothing, thus getting even MORE trojans. And no, i wouldnt like to see the ability to click on an url removed either just because so many ppl have to little common sense even tho we all know what chaos they create.

Some networks and providers have taken steps to try to slow this down. Now the music industry is going even further, and i suspect the movie industry wont be far behind. I do not want to open this thread to a discussion of whether this is right or wrong or the overall ramifications, only to supply this url for general info: http://news.com.com/2009-1025_3-1021283.html?tag=fd_lede2_hed

Just about anything you can think of, be it IRC, filesharing,guns,etc can and will be put to legit/nonlegit purposes. We can try to make the nonlegit harder to accomplish, and refuse to help with those goals. We can explain the dangers and try to inform. But saying "take dcc out of mIRC" is kinda like saying take all blue cars off the road so no one can steal one. We all know that trojans ppl get by other means than mIRC also effect IRC.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet