Well, your code is not quite 'perfect', though the imperfections will likely not be noticed except in rare cases. You dropped the 't' switch from my code, which means the code now does extra checking to see if line#1 is numeric before continuing to the normal task. Shorter code is not always the best and the fastest.

Your code took away the @ prefix I used and replaced it with the ! prefix. My original post said that since neither you nor anyone else can be @op during the event where they are joining the channel, the @ prefix I used has the effect of also including the ! prefix since the @ prefix prevents the event from ever triggering whenever yourself is joining any channel.

But now your code has the behavior where it will still trigger in those 2 channels if you are not @op at the time, which means it would be sending the +o mode command to the channel, which would fail because only someone already an @op can use that mode.

Your code also has the imperfection that it makes a slow disk read each time there is a join to the channel, in order to check for the rare case that there is a hostname match with these addresses. To be faster and eliminate all these disk reads, you can instead use a hashtable.

Depending on whether there is '=' in the match text that would prevent having your data be in .ini format (which is not the case here), you might instead need to have the hashtable saved to disk in a different format. If in .ini format your disk file would be lines like:

[hashtable]
188.26.59.16;#freeirc=1
id-586239.lymington.irccloud.com;#test1=1
id-586239.lymington.irccloud.com;#test2=1
161.184.143.251;#freeirc=1
id-455146.ilkley.irccloud.com;#test1=1
id-455146.ilkley.irccloud.com;#test2=1
id-455146.ilkley.irccloud.com;#test3=1

You would then read the hashtable into memory 1 time, and it would check the hashtable in memory during each JOIN instead of reading the disk file repeatedly. The more perfect code would be...

Code
ON @*:JOIN:#freeirc,#Official: {
if (!$hget(autoopip)) hload -mi autoopip autoopip.txt
if ($hget(autoopip,$ial($nick).host $+ $chr(59) $+ $chan)) { mode $chan +o $nick | .notice @ $+ $chan $chan - $me ( $+ $me $+ ) opped: $nick }
}

Your new perfect code is using 'w' for a wildcard search even though you are doing an exact match between the nick's host and the host stored in disk. If for some reason you do need to do a wildcard match where your search text continues to be literal text but the wildcards are instead the items in the list, that is something a hashtable can do which $read cannot do. In that scenario, you would do something like editing one of the lines of the text file to be like:

188.26.59.*;#freeirc=1

Then you would scan the hashtable like:

if ($hfind(autoopip,$ial($nick).host $+ $chr(59) $+ $chan,1,W)) { mode $chan +o $nick | .notice @ $+ $chan $chan - $me ( $+ $me $+ ) opped: $nick }

If you need to modify the text file, you can add/remove rows, then after saving your changes to disk, you can force the JOIN event to re-load the hashtable from disk by removing the hashtable from memory:

/hfree autoopip

You can also add new addresses to a hashtable that's already in memory then save those to disk:

/hadd autoopip 12.23.34.45;#freeirc
/hsave -i autoopip autoopip.txt

If the /hadd command fails, that's because the table didn't exist, which is a good safeguard when not using the /hadd -m switch