A switch could be an idea because there are other ways to add to a control than did -a, there's did -i, -o, /filter, it could also allow scripters to provide an actual way to scroll down even without adding anything to the control if the user is scrolled up, like the mirc forums have a 'top' button' to scroll up in web page.

Note also that having a switch would allow us to keep the scroll as it is when text is being added to the control while the dialog/control is active and you're scrolled up reading text, like in a chat system (channel scrollbar), you don't want the scroll to go down automatically in this case, but scripting this would probably require accessing the scrollbar status: scrolled up, scrolled down, or like scrolled middle or something.

I realize this may be trickier than it seems, but I'm definitely looking for the same behavior as the channel scrollbar, if you're scrolled up, new lines being added won't scroll down, and if you're scrolled down, it will scroll down, all of this regardless if the window/tab/control is active or not.

Last edited by Wims; 28/10/21 08:30 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel