Hello and welcome to my tutorial how to be able to grab the title of a YouTube link.
Either by typing //youtube youtubelink or by sitting in a channel when someone writes out a YouTube link.

For me this is a nice thing. Instead of be surprised each time you click on a link to YouTube that someone have wrote.
You are going to be noticed which title the YouTube link have. Who knows, maybe a rick roll?

So to get this to work we need to use the YouTube API v3. Before was it easy to just read through YouTube site.
But this is much harder now. The reason we should use YouTube API v3.

All you need is a G-Mail Account, so we can get the API key.
Sure Google will log everything you do when using the API. So just use a new or old G-Mail account that you just use for sites you don't care so much about.

Let’s start. Login to G-Mail, then visit https://console.developers.google.com/.
Now let’s generate the API key. Click on Credentials at left. Then click on + CREATE CREDENTIALS in the middle of the screen in the top. Now select API key.
Now should a popup come up on your screen. Since we don't want to use the API key for more than YouTube, select RESTRICT KEY.

Now you should be redirected to a new page. Go down to API restrictions and select Restrict key.
Now click on Select APIs, and select YouTube Data API v3. And click on OK.
You should now have below the screen Selected API’s, YouTube Data API v3. That means that we can now use the YouTube API only. Now you are finished. Click on SAVE.

You should now be redirected to the Credentials site. And look we have API key 1. Copy the key from the key column and we can use it in our Script.
But remember, don't share your key with other people. Let them make their own API Keys.

So now when we have the API Key, we can insert it into the YouTube Script.
Code
on *:text:*youtu*:#: {
  /youtube $1-
}

alias youtube {
  set %apikey YourAPIKey
  if ($regex($1-,(https:\/\/www\.youtube\.com\/watch\?v=[0-9a-zA-Z-_]{8,20}))) {
    var %x1 $regex($regml(1),([0-9a-zA-Z-_]{8,20}))
    set %id $regml(1)
  }
  else if ($regex($1-,(https:\/\/youtu\.be\/[0-9a-zA-Z-_]{8,20}))) {
    var %x1 $regex($regml(1),([0-9a-zA-Z-_]{8,20}))
    set %id $regml(1)
  }
  sockopen -e ytube www.googleapis.com 443
}
on *:sockopen:ytube:{ 
  if (!$sockerr) {
    sockwrite -n $sockname GET $+(/youtube/v3/videos?id=,%id,&key=,%apikey,&part=snippet) HTTP/1.0
    sockwrite -n $sockname Host: www.googleapis.com
    sockwrite -n $sockname $crlf
  }
  else {
    echo -a $sockerr
    sockclose $sockname
    halt
  }
}

on *:sockread:ytube:{

if ($sockerr) { echo -a $sockerr | sockclose $sockname | return }
  else {
    var %check | sockread %check
    while ($sockbr) {
      if ("title": isin %check) {
        echo -a $+($chr(3),76,$chr(2),$remtok($remove($remove(%check,title),"),2-,58),$chr(2),$chr(3))
      }
      sockread %check
    }
  }
  sockclose $sockname
}

I hope someone could have use of this Script. Or maybe someone that want to pick out the code I have been written. It was a long time ago I coded in MSL.