Hi. I just read that it's recommended everyone update SSL to version 1.1.1k to address a couple of new high-severity exploits. I'm using Windows 10 64bit and mirc 7.64. It seems mirc uses 32bit libeay32.dll, libssl32.dll, and ssleay32.dll. The current ssl version of those in my mirc dir is 1.0.1h. I also read that 1.0.x is EOL'ed and everyone should've already moved to the current 1.1.x stable openssl. Although not recommended, the newest 1.0.x I can find is 1.0.1u libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. The only 1.1.1k files I can find, 32 or 64bit, are libssl-1_1.dll and libcrypto-1_1.dll. This is a bit confusing..

I prefer mirc use its own ssl libraries kept in the mirc dir. I assume it's a bad idea to mix ssl library versions so:

Does mirc *require* all three dlls? (libeay32.dll, libssl32.dll, and ssleay32.dll)

Can I delete those three ssl 1.0.1h dlls and only copy the two newer ddls I can find? (1.0.1u libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll)

If I delete the three ssl 1.0.1h dlls and replace them with the actual recommended ssl 1.1.1k libraries, libssl-1_1.dll and libcrypto-1_1.dll, will mirc even recognize those files due to the different filenames?

I appreciate any clarity anyone can offer here!