I've not tried to run your script, but from looking at your code:

1. //echo -a $mircdir $+ \scripts results in a double backslash. $mircdir is one of the few aliases which allows text to be attached to it, so you can also do:

//echo -a $mircdirscripts

2. When you have a variable that only needs to have local scope, it's best practice to define it as a local var with 'var' instead of as a global var with 'set'. This applies to your use of %temp %loops %i

3. If your variables need to have global scope preserved for another alias, event, sclick etc, it's best practice for global variables to be named in a way where it's unlikely to have the same name as a global variable used by another script. This means it's rarely a good idea to have global variables with simplistic names like %i or %temp or %loops, instead something like %scriptloader.temp

4. I can't find /cdebug or $cdebug() being used as a /command or $identifier, so I can't see what kind of text would be in $1-, but -a is not necessarily the same as 'chat', as it means the 'active window', whatever that may be.

5. Unless you have a specific reason for wanting the text to evaluate $identifiers and %variables, when using $read and $readini, you should ALWAYS use the 'n' switch to avoid evaluation, and for $read should also use the 't' switch.

6. If toggle_cdebug is used only where you are setting %cdebug as On or Off, your alias could be made much simpler:

if ($1 isin On Off) set %cdebug $1
else set %debug $replacex($1,On,Off,Off,On)

7. Simpler than

echo 9 -a $timestamp Loaded $chr(34) $+ $did($dname, 7, %i).text $+ $chr(34)

as of v6.17 you can use:

echo 9 -a $timestamp Loaded $qt( $did($dname, 7, %i).text )

and in this case you could have used the literal doublequote also. The exception to using $qt is slightly different behavior if the string already has a leading and/or trailing doublequote.

8. In a simple script like yours, it's fine to have your sclick controls as you've done, but as it gets more complex, you'll find it less cluttered to have a single sclick control like:

on *:dialog:advanced_script_controls:sclick:*:{
if ($did isnum 4-5) { do stuff here }
if ($did == 3) { do stuff here }
}

the 'do stuff' section can end with a 'halt' or 'return' to avoid the need to parse the remainder of the sclick handler.

9. If you want to avoid the possibility that a different script or the editbox could execute your aliases like toggle_cdebug, you can use "alias -l toggle_cdebug" to prevent another script from seeing it.

Also, SysRead and SysWrite are generic enough names that another script might use those alias names for something unrelated. Just from looking at the names, I first thought they were referring to Windows system settings like the registry, "my documents", desktop, etc.