You're confusing. You say you know IRC protocol, but then in your next sentence you show that you don't know what a numeric is. In a later post you want to parse the "server output", then you say you know that 322 is the code for the "/list output". 322 is the NUMERIC for ONE of the kinds of SERVER output generated after you use the /list command. There's also a 321 NUMERIC that indicates the beginning of the server's reply to /list. There's also a 323 NUMERIC to indicate the end of the server's reply. Sorry if I'm boring you since I can't tell what you know and what you don't know, what you think is "another stuff".

Just as there's not 1 single NUMERIC in reply to /list, there's not a single numeric response from the server after you use the /whois command. The "another stuff" was to display all the numeric responses by the server to all kinds of things. I didn't give a list of them because the variety varies depending on which network, who you did a /whois against, what network privileges you have at the time, etc. The last network I joined had /whois output completely different than I'd encountered at prior networks.

By giving you a raw event which shows you which numerics were in response to that particular /whois, it shows what I was trying to explain, which you allegedly know already, that the server output shown by this debug script is different than the way it appears in your status window. The debug lines will be interleaved with the way mirc reformats the /whois output to display in your status window.

You'd face all these same issues if you were using python, anaconda, ruby, or topaz.