At first, I wanted to plop "make animated GIFs work like they should in dialogs" into the Feature Suggestions forum, but a quick search shows that literally everybody and their dog wants that feature, and they've been nagging for it since the dawn of the dinosaurs.

I'm not here to ask for GIF support, I'm looking for a workaround that either already exists or can be made that works reasonably efficiently.

1) I've heard that you can reposition an element in a dialog, so if I was so inclined to make a timer fire 45-60 times per second that moved a picture onto the dialog and back off again X-seconds later, I would. However, I'm a glutton for punishment, and I like to do things the hard way, because in scripting, that's usually what looks smoother.(opinionated babble)
1.5) I've searched the /did command, and it doesn't seem able to reposition an image in a dialog. As such, point (1) might not even work. Penny for your thoughts?

2) I've heard of a magic item called a "DLL" and that such a critter might be the solution to my problem. . . I have no idea what I'm looking for though. I've searched Google for "mirc gif dll" and it brought up a discussion speaking of GIF copyrights and the expiration of said copyrights. However, I didn't find any such DLL nor someone who thought they knew where to find one.

This is all I know to ask about. If any of you folks have a solution to my problem, please, do share!

P.S. - I am kinda curious why, after years of users asking for it, GIFs still aren't working right in dialogs? I only ask this for knowledge, I'm not trying to bash Khaled for not having it yet. Curiosity wants to know.