Originally Posted By: Khaled
If a scripter is going to repeatedly call /drawsize with every /draw ...
I wasn't meaning to infer that the /drawsize would be called with each /draw, but rather the checks to see if it needed to be called may need to be performed.

In my current use case I have an operation where the script is creating a single sprite sheet from all images stored in /sprites/. This is done via looping and /drawpic where with each /drawpic I'm checking to see if the bitmap needs to be vertically resized and using various 'hacks' to resize the bitmap when needed. Its not that I wish to call /drawsize with every drawpic, but rather I still have to perform checks to see if such is needed.

This operation could be sped up if the "does the bitmap need to be resized?" checks were to be performed internally with the /drawpic commands, and the '/drawsize' operation done as needed.

Originally Posted By: Khaled
In your experience, what size of bitmap is generally needed?

For the current use case above I'm working with a 3200px x ~640px. I personally don't see myself using anything more than 4k x 4k but I could see larger sizes being applicable for such things as Mario level clones or similar. If you are worried about ~32k being too high, I would not oppose reduction to ~16k

After thoughts:
My level map is 2k x 2k, and I know both Wims and Talon use internal maps of similar sizing if not slightly larger at times

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 02/04/17 02:19 AM.

I am SReject
My Stuff